Monday, October 27, 2008

If I miss ANYTHING about IDS...


That's right...I unfortunately have to resort to watching the few live broadcasts that I can from PDC 2008. This is the first year in quite a few that I haven't gone to at least one major Microsoft conference (PDC, TechEd or BI), and I guess if there was ANYTHING I miss about IDS, I guess this would be it. I'd be in L.A. right now, still sleeping after a night out at one of the very few bars in downtown LA. Considering the cost of the conference, plus lodging and entertainment expenses, we just can't justify sending any of us out there. Not to mention, I no longer have the time or luxury to play around with every beta that comes out. Don't get me wrong, you learn some great stuff and keep on top of all of what is up and coming at MS, but we are focuses on getting a product out the door. That said, I am pretty excited to hear about Silverlight 2 for MOBILE! Sounds pretty cool! And I'm not sure if it would be as fun when knowing that the 200 dollar bar tabs you are expensing really are just coming out of your own pocket. As Jim can attest, we definitely didn't have to live on a shoestring budget at these things. MS takes GREAT care of you and provide a ton of great food and drinks (both at the conference during the day, as well as at evening events), and we got away with expensing pretty much whatever we wanted through IDS. IDS even picked up the tab for Jim's hooker in Seattle! (Sorry Jim, I couldn't keep it a secret any longer!!)

Anyway, for those who might be intersted, and by just odd chance read this within the first 2 hours of posting, you can watch the opening Keynote LIVE at www.MicrosoftPDC.com. It starts at 10:30 CDT.

6 comments:

Bearf*cker said...

jigga what?

Steve said...

Welcome back. How was Mexico?? Are you a Mexican? Or a Mexican't?

Mike and Karen said...

Oh,darn, I missed it.

Bearf*cker said...

I am a mexican. duh! Mexico was great. 92 and sunny. Woody broke his foot jumping from a balcony, my friend got bit by a jellyfish (I didn't have to pee otherwise I would've helped him out for sure) and I think we saw a shark.

Steve said...

Woody getting hurt doesn't suprise me at all. So did he propose down there or what?

J said...

Hooker? WTF. I never had a chance to get any...you were always in the freaking room. Oh...that and I have no game.